Two of Fox News’ stars at the center of the cable giant’s $787.5 million settlement with Dominion Voting Systems may be getting the axe soon, insiders report.
Rupert Murdoc wants to make his network less “vulnerable” after the massive payout — and both Fox News stars Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro are reportedly next in line to face his wrath.
Less than a teaspoon of THIS improved brain function [Sponsored]
That’s according to media critic Dylan Byers, who told RadarOnline that Bartiromo and Pirro’s fate may already be sealed.
Byers indicated that, if the two reporters are not outright fired from Fox News, Bartiromo and Pirro will be warned to “be careful” regarding risking committing libel in the future.
“So I anticipate one of two things will happen here, or has perhaps already happened: The first possibility is that Fox News C.E.O. Suzanne Scott sits down with Bartiromo and Pirro and anyone else who came up to the line of libel and says, be careful,” Byers said shortly after Fox News and Dominion settled on Tuesday.
“Alternatively, Rupert and Suzanne have already decided to elegantly and eventually show Bartiromo and/or Pirro the door,” he said.
The report of a potential shakeup comes just days after Fox News declined to renew host Dan Bongino’s contract, effectively firing the former U.S. Secret Service agent last week.
Sponsored: Brain researchers made a BIG discovery
Earlier this week, Fox News Channel and Dominion avoided a jury trial and agreed to settle the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit for nearly $800 million.