Looks like Old Saint Nick wasn’t the only one using the chimney this Christmas.
KPNX-TV in Phoenix reports that firefighters were called to a home Christmas morning to help free a cat trapped in a chimney.
Adrienne Gill says her daughter, who is visiting from California, brought her new pet cat along.
The feline went missing Thursday and the family went to bed after they were unable to locate it.
Gill’s husband decided to check the chimney the next morning.
The family was shocked and relieved to find the cat.
It took firefighters 20 minutes to get the animal out.
The cat was sooty but uninjured.
The chimney has since been securely boarded up.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.