Jay Leno, former host of The Tonight Show, was released from Grossman Burn Center on Monday, according to a newly released photo. The comic had suffered a gasoline fire on Nov. 12.
In the photo, Leno is showing some scarring on his neck and hands, but he remains grateful for the treatment.
Want a copy of my controversial book? [sponsored]
“I am OK,” Leno said last week in a statement obtained by Deadline. “Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
The burn center expressed optimism about Leno’s condition. “I am pleased with Jay’s progress, and I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery,” Dr. Peter Grossman said in a statement to ABC News.
“Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes,” the burn center added in its own statement.
“He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”
As part of his treatment, Leno was breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized chamber, the burn center said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
Take a look —
Leno, 72, first suffered the burns during a gasoline fire in his garage. In his statement, he called the burns “serious.” However, he was reportedly cracking jokes even during the treatment.
Plus, the burn center had always described his condition as stable.
“Jay wants everyone to know that he is in stable condition and receiving treatment at the Grossman Burn Center for burns that he received to his face and hands from a gasoline accident in his garage over the weekend,” the burn center said in a statement obtained by ABC News. “He is in good humor and is touched by all the inquiries into his condition and well wishes… He wants to let everyone know he is doing well and is in ‘the best burn center in the United States.'”
Sponsored: Doctor Warns About CBD
In the eight years since leaving The Tonight Show, Leno has hosted Jay Leno’s Garage on CNBC.
He’s also written an automotive advice column for Popular Mechanics. Earlier this year, he started a stand-up tour set to continue into 2023.
The Horn editorial team