Average Americans aren’t the only one sick and tired of the liberal media attacks. One suspended Fox News host is taking a stand against a report his lawyer described as intended to destroy his career.
See you in court.
Eric Bolling on Wednesday announced he is suing a Huffington Post reporter who wrote the story that he had allegedly sent lewd text messages to colleagues. Bolling was suspended from his job as a result of the story.
Bolling filed a $50 million defamation lawsuit in state Supreme Court in Manhattan against Yashar Ali, a Huffington Post contributing writer.
The cable news host said Ali damaged his reputation through what the court papers call the “highly reckless publication of actionable false and misleading statements about the plaintiff’s conduct and character.”
Sponsored: Why atheists won’t go near this address
Bolling was suspended over the weekend pending an internal investigation that a Fox News spokesperson said is underway.
Ali wrote last week that Bolling is accused of sending sexually explicit photos to co-workers over several years.
On Wednesday, the reporter tweeted that he stands by his story and will protect his sources. Ali also wrote —
Not going to stop reporting on Eric Bolling or anyone else. I've had family members killed/jailed in Iran, a lawsuit isn't going to scare me https://t.co/nvludsIV87
— Yashar Ali (@yashar) August 9, 2017
Bolling’s lawyer, Michael J. Bowe, said in a statement:
This anonymously sourced and uncorroborated story is false, defamatory, and obviously intended to destroy this good man’s career and family. We will defend Eric aggressively in court, where actual facts, based on evidence, testimony, and cross-examination, will belie these anonymous accusations.
Is this Ronald Reagan’s secret cancer cure? [sponsored]
Bolling himself tweeted —
I will continue to fight against these false smear attacks! THANK YOU FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT
— Eric Bolling (@ericbolling) August 9, 2017
The Associated Press contributed to this article