[sponsored] In 1978, a little known investor named Doug Casey released a book with a series of eerily accurate forecasts.
The book, called Crisis Investing, would spend 34 weeks on the New York Times best-sellers list.
And Doug Casey would become an outspoken and often controversial voice…
He argued with Phil Donahue on live television…
He was invited to speak in front of Congressional leaders by Al Gore… then called global warming “a political scam.”
- He bet that stock in mainstream darling Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream would fall and walked away with a fortune when that’s exactly what happened.
- When environmentalists tried to shut down nuclear power across America, Casey placed a large bet on nuclear fuel in a legendary play that went up over 80,000%
Casey would go on to invest in over 1,000 companies… traveling the world to visit over 170 countries in the process…
He became a counselor to world governments. His followers have included billionaire CEOs, tech gurus, and world-famous investors.
- He forecast rising gold prices (gold at the time cost just $275 an ounce!)
- He warned against out of control banks with reckless lending practices (like the kind that triggered the 2008 crisis)
“Be wary of banks that are heavily involved in the consumer credit field… Where is this all going to lead? To a wave of bank failures.” – Doug Casey
- He foresaw the economic changes that would one day cripple companies like General Motors and Sears
“[GM and Sears] were the wave of the future in 50s… [their investors] are now not betting on growth but on the success of extraordinary life-support measures” – Doug Casey
- He predicted the decline of the suburbs we are seeing right now as younger Americans shift back to the cities
“the suburbs cater to a social structure that is on its way out, a middle America that no longer exists” – Doug Casey
Today, Doug Casey is more reclusive, splitting his time between Aspen and a mountain retreat in South America (which he equipped with a professional grade golf course and luxury spa).
Yet, he has not lost his strange talent for accurately predicting world eventswell before they happen.
Recently Doug sat down for a rare talk about modern America…
What followed was a series of brutally honest revelations about everything from immigration… to political correctness (which he calls a “tsunami of raw sewage”)… to where the next stock millionaires will be made (it’s not going to be in digital assets)…
…to a new prediction that could affect your money, your lifestyle, and this country in ways few could have guessed…