Another day, another crime committed by Hillary Clinton’s friends.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, a longtime Clinton political ally, violated both Mexican and U.S. immigration laws by illegally crossing the border near El Paso, Texas, U.S. Customs and Border Protection alleges in a letter. The letter was first reported on by The Associated Press.
After being confronted by a border patrol agent, De Blasio reportedly claimed ignorance — and then fled back to Mexico.
De Blasio, a fierce critic of the White House’s immigration policies, went to the Texas border with about 20 other liberal mayors from around the country on June 21, the day after President Donald Trump signed an order stopping family separations at the border.
More than 2,300 families were separated as a result of the administration’s zero-tolerance policy, which criminally prosecutes anyone caught crossing illegally. The mayors said Trump had failed to address a humanitarian crisis.
De Blasio, followed by reporters and his team, went to a holding facility for children brought to the country illegally but was denied entry. In response, de Blasio then allegedly crossed into Mexico and back into the U.S. illegally to get a view of the facility. The New York Police Department runs de Blasio’s security detail.
Sponsored: Doing THIS before bed stops PAIN
According to the letter, a uniformed Border Patrol agent noticed a group on the Rio Grande River flood plain south of the Tornillo, Texas, Port of Entry, taking photos of the holding facility. The agent confronted the group and asked if anyone from Border Patrol or public affairs was there to authorize their presence. A New York Police Department inspector said no, according to the letter, and when the agent asked the group how they arrived, they pointed to Mexico.
The agent told them they’d crossed the border illegally and asked them to remain there while he got a supervisor and took them to an official crossing for an inspection per federal law, according to the letter. But the group disregarded the order and fled back to Mexico.
De Blasio spokesman Eric Phillips denies that the group illegally crossed the border, and said the border agent was lying.
“The mayor crossed the border with the direct approval and under the supervision of the border patrol supervisor at this port of entry,” Phillips reportedly said in an email Tuesday. “Any suggestion otherwise is a flat-out lie and an obvious attempt by someone to attack the Mayor because of his advocacy for families being ripped apart at the border by the Trump Administration.”
NO. WAY. These things are living inside me?? [sponsored]
The letter was sent June 25 by Aaron Hull, the chief patrol agent for the Border Patrol’s El Paso Sector to New York Police Department Commissioner James O’Neill.
The border incident isn’t the only major controversy to stain de Blasio in the last week.
On Saturday, de Blasio was accused of using a $3 million counter-terrorism jet to shuttle him back and forth from his vacation in Canada.
“The plane, which is outfitted with high-tech sensors and infrared cameras, was purchased to conduct flyovers of New York Harbor and examine incoming ships for radiation,” The National Review reported. “The city paid for 25 percent of the plane’s total cost while the Department of Homeland Security covered the remaining 75 percent.”
Should Bill de Blasio be arrested for illegally crossing the U.S. border?
Vote here --
The Associated Press contributed to this article